Wednesday, July 6, 2011

13 June 2011: Monday, Day 1 in Jakarta, Indonesia


Hi CI Readers!!

We have arrived safely in this beautiful country of Indonesia. The culture and the people here are so different. They live such a simple life & they have such a big smile on their faces. Their simplicity taught me to be grateful and satisfied with the things I have. I have everything I need, and yet I complain & compare with others, never thanking God for it. So, from today onwards, I would like to be grateful and thank the Lord for everything He has provided and given to me. (:

The view of the city from our hotel

A glimpse of Large Group, Jakarta CI 2011:
The Children of the Jakarta CI 2011! :)

Mr Konner telling a story in a "Space Ship" designed building in Jakarta

Today we had our first Children Institute in a big space ship. It was fun and cozy! Anyway, I'm supposed to share on design, so here it goes. I taught the kids about design and how we're all so different. God made each and everyone of us unique and special in our own way. I gave an example on how each of our thumb prints are not the same. Then I made each of them stamp their thumb prints on a piece of paper to make them realize how creative our God is and much detail He puts even in the little things.


I shared my personal story with the kids of how God taught me about design. When I was twelve years old, I got eczema, a skin allergy. As I grew up, I started to question God, of all people, why me? There were times when I didn't want to see anyone because of what they said. It was very hurtful. Because of that, one day, I decided to pray for people to get eczema, hoping that they will be more understanding. But obviously, God didn't answer my prayer. Praise God for that, because I had the wrong
mindset.
(Pic Right) Author Debbie & little Kaela in Jakarta

Until today, I still have eczema and I have been learning so much about design and other character qualities through this experience. The Lord has humbled me and taught me to love others for who they are, and this experience taught me to be more understanding..


It taught me to rely on God at the same time because there were no medication or cure for it. It also drew me closer to God. When I was 14, I felt the Lord calling me to do missions and guess what! My skin allergies has opened so many doors for me to share my life and Christ with others.

God can use us, if we are willing to be used by Him. Accepting who I was in Christ was never easy. It's a daily decision. The little steps we take can make a whole lot of difference in the future! We don't always see the big picture in the beginning. But the beautiful part is, it teaches us to rely and draw closer to God in prayer, knowing that He is in control at the end of the day.

Taddaaa. That's what I shared with the kids. And oh, do keep us in prayer! Pray that God will use us to share what He want us to share with the kids and that it may it be about Him and not us. Please keep us in prayer. Thank youuu!

God bless,
Debs.
Do visit this link below for more testimonies.
http://thechroniclesofci.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your encouragement! ^^